After getting the teeth whitened, one of the biggest concerns for most of the people is preserving whiteness for a long time. Here, it is worth mentioning that teeth’s whitening at dentist’s office and through the use over-the-counter products is not something which could give you permanent whiteness in the teeth. Nevertheless, there are some post-whitening tips which you can use in order to preserve whiteness in your teeth for a very long time.
Some of those post whitening tips are mentioned below.
Combination of teeth whitening approaches
After getting your teeth whitened at the dentist’s office, you can consider using trays at home. When you use trays, you essentially block the interaction of certain staining agents with your teeth. While this blocking action is itself an advantage when it comes to preserving whiteness for a long time, it also allows the tooth enamel to gain some strength. Hence, you will be able to allow the direct use of teeth when you think they are ready to face the staining agents.
Some effective tips to keep your teeth white after the whitening
After getting your teeth whitened, you can consider a few things to make sure that your teeth remain whitened for a long time. Don’t worry! These are just a few simple tips which would cost you money and time.
- Whenever you are done with eating and drinking, rinse your mouth with water immediately.
- Increase the consumption of water in a day.
- Try quitting the use of tobacco in any form.
- Consumption of staining beverages such as coffee and tea should be reduced.
- While drinking acidic beverage, make sure that you are using straw.
- Find enjoyment in eating the foods which are proven to be healthful for oral and overall health. Shift your focus towards eating fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables high in fiber can help you keep your teeth cleaned and whitened for a long time.
Ensure better dental health
While you may be working hard enough to prevent staining of your teeth, it is pretty much important to make sure that your dental health is on good state. There are a few things that you need to do on daily basis to ensure better dental health.
- Brush and floss your teeth for at least twice a day every day.
- If you think that you have to eat that teeth staining food, you need to have toothbrush and toothpaste with you. You can immediately brush your teeth to get rid of the food remnants which remain there in your mouth to stain your teeth.
Apart from everything you do at home, your dental health requires biannual dental visits to remain in good shape. Therefore, visit your dentist twice in every year to make sure that you are not developing any oral health conditions in your mouth.